Rise of the Guardians - Holiday Edition DVD (Ends 12/9)
$25 RUUM American Kid's Wear Gift Card (Ends 12/9)
Fresh 20" Christmas Forest Wreath (Winner Announced)
Glitzi Globes Prize Pack (Winner Announced)
Mialisia Jewelry Prize Pack - ARV $80 (Winner Announced)
Thank you to J.Jill for providing The Hot List graphic below and for sending me a gift card as a thank you for taking the time to participate in this campaign. The image above was created by me on Polyvore. All opinions expressed are my own.
Whether you're building a brand new summer wardrobe from scratch or would just like to round out your existing one, there are a few items that are a must. This year we are seeing a lot of washable linen separates in tropical solids and prints. My favorite of the bunch are coral, turquoise, and watermelon pink.
9 of the 10 item's on this summer's The Hot List from J.Jill are featured in the graphic below. From their list of 10, I think the following 5 are absolutely essential . . .
1. Comfortable Tanks - If you are to survive the heat and humidity where I live, comfortable tank tops are essential, no matter your size or shape. Pick up some in neutral colors, such as black, linen, or white, and then a few more in your favorite tropical brights.
2. Shorts in Neutral Colors - Several pairs of Bermuda or walking shorts in easy-to-match colors will make summer dressing that much easier. They can be paired with a casual tank top or a dressier peasant top.
3. Lightweight Cardigans or Sweaters - One or two summer-weight cardigans would be perfect to throw on during the milder summer nights or when you find yourself in an air-conditioned restaurant or theater. Choose one that would work with denim capris, linen shorts, or your favorite summer dress.
4. Basic Summer Dress - Owning at least one basic summer dress will likely get you through most non-formal occasions during the summer months. I prefer tank dresses because they are cool, comfortable, and can be dressed up or down with the right accessories, such as wrap and strappy heeled sandals.
5. Easy Slip-on Shoes - Just as I like to slip on my laceless fur-lined boots in the winter, during the summer I want something that looks great, is versatile, and easy to slip on and off. A simple pair of slip-on sandals is what I would recommend because they would go with most casual outfits from shorts to dresses to capris.
6. Medium-Sized Summer Tote - (I know I only said 5, but this one is important!) Now that you do not need to carry all your extra winter gear, you can downsize to a medium sized tote that is just large enough for your essentials, plus a magazine or a tablet. If you like to wear neutral tones for clothing, then try choosing a bright tropical tote for a pop of color. If your outfits are usually bright and colorful, then choose something neutral, like linen, black, or one of your favorite metallics.
Have I left anything out? Tell me which summer wardrobe pieces you just cannot live without. Be sure to visit JJill.com for more wardrobe inspiring ideas.