Photo courtesy of King Richard's Faire
Attending the local Renaissance Faire in Carver, Massachusetts has become a family tradition for us. The opening weekend of the 2015 King Richard's Faire, scheduled for the weekend of September 5th (Labor Day weekend), will be our family's 5th visit to the Faire!
Our whole family is looking forward to seeing the Big Cat Show, Jacques Ze Whipper, the jousting, and more. It's just so nice to relax and enjoy the overall jovial atmosphere of the Faire. Oh, and shopping! We all love browsing through the vast variety of artisan shoppes.
What events do the King and Queen have on this year's schedule?
- Saturday (9/5) - "Carver Day" (All Carver, MA residents admitted free with proper ID)
- Sunday (9/6) - "Military Appreciation Day" (Military personnel admitted free with proper ID)
- Monday (9/7) - The Faire is open on Labor Day!
- Saturday (9/12) - "Cleavage Contest" at 4pm (Participants must be 18 years or older with proper ID.)
- Sunday (9/13) - Rain date for Cleavage Contest
- Saturday (9/19) - "Vow Renewal" at 4pm on the King's Stage performed by the Faire's ordained minister
- Sunday (9/20) - Rain date for Vow Renewal
- Saturday (9/26) - "Game of Thrones" Fan Fest Day & Trivia Contest at 4pm on the King's Stage
- Sunday (9/27) - Rain date for Game of Thrones
- Saturday (10/3) - "Prince & Princess Costume Contest" and "Prince & Princess Meet & Greet" [NEW] at 4pm on the King's Stage (Participants must be 11 years old or younger.)
- Sunday (10/4) - Rain date for Prince & Princess Costume Contest and Meet & Greet
- Saturday (10/10) - "Men in Kilts" at 4pm (Must be 18 or older)
- Sunday (10/11) - Rain date for Men in Kilts
- Monday (10/12) - The Faire is open on Columbus Day!
- Saturday (10/17) - "Fairies & Pirates Costume Contest" and "Prince & Princess Meet & Greet" [NEW] at 4pm on the King's Stage (Participants must be 11 years old or younger)
- Sunday (10/18) - Rain date for Fairies & Pirates Costume Contest and Meet & Greet
- Saturday (10/24) - "Adult Costume Play Contest" at 4pm on the King's Stage
- Sunday (10/25) - Rain date for Adult Costume Play Contest
King Richard's Faire 2015 is open every weekend between September 5th and October 25th plus Labor Day and Columbus Day! Visit kingrichardsfaire.net to buy tickets, get driving directions, view the entertainment schedule, and more.