I first discovered this app by seeing an ad for it on a mobile game I was playing on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Then I let my 9 year old daughter try it on my phone and she didn't want to give my phone back. Luckily, I was able to put this app on both her and her twin brother's android tablets. YAY for getting my phone back! Not too long after that, our 12 year old son wanted this app for his Android phone too.
What's great about this app?
- It's free!
- After you've saved your drawing, you can click the play button and it will replay how your doodle was created from start to finish!
- It's extremely user-friendly. Just drag your finger across the screen to draw. A 2 year old could use it, as well as someone who is 90 years old.
- There's an 'undo' button that let's you go backwards as many steps as you would like.
- There are 10 different background colors.
- There are 6 different brushes. You can change brushes anytime while drawing a picture.
- There are 16 different repetition patterns, including one that does not repeat at all, so you can draw free hand.
- The ink color changes whenever you lift your finger off the screen and start a new line.
- No two drawings have ever come out the same for me and it's so much fun to experiment with different ways of dragging your finger around on the screen.
- You can share your finished art on your social media channels, save it to your mobile device to use as a wallpaper, etc . . .
I have to say that my 9 year old son does not usually enjoy drawing, but he very much enjoys this app. It's a wonderful creative outlet for those who do not have a natural knack for drawing. I can feel how proud my children are when they show me their finished works of art, which pleases me very much.
Have you discovered any amazing free apps recently? Share them with us in a comment here!