Our only daughter will be starting 3rd grade this week! Where did the time go? She has changed so much in just a few short years. She's always loved to feel pretty, but something I've noticed recently is her growing patience to take care of herself. She's doing a better job washing her hair thoroughly and combs or brushes it without being reminded (most of the time). She used to ask to have her hair cut short so she wouldn't need to sit through pulling her hair back for school or those dreaded detangling sessions. This summer, she asked me not to cut her hair before school starts. She's even brushing her own hair out before letting me know that she's ready to have her hair done. Goody Ouchless brushes make that easy!
5 Easy Back-to-School Hairstyles for Long Hair . . .
1. Headwrap with Skinny Braids - This pretty hairstyle looks great on long, straight hair. We started off with a crocheted Goody headwrap. I pulled flower Goody Glam mini elastics through the holes in the crocheted headwrap for some added fun (totally optional). Then I pulled the hair out of the headwrap at her temples, created one skinny braid on each side, and secured them with Good Girls Ouchless mini elastics. The last step is to wrap the two braids around towards the back and secure them together with a flower Goody Glam mini elastic.
2. Long Braid Side Pony - For this easy hairstyle, start by parting the hair on the opposite side from where you plan to tie the ponytail. Starting as close to the part as possible, create a medium size braid all the way down to at least 3 or 4 inches from the end of the hair and secure it with an Ouchless mini elastic. Then gather all the hair, including the braid, in a low ponytail on the side opposite of the part and secure with a colorful Goody Girls Ouchless ribbon elastic.
3. Crown of Mini Bows - If your daughter is tired of simply pulling the top and sides of her hair back with an elastic or hair clip, this is a fun way to change up that look. All you need to do is to tie 4 to 6 mini bunches of hair back at the top of the head with Goody Girls mini elastics with bows. These elastics are super-cute with a crystal at the center of each bow! Be sure to space the bunches of hair evenly around the top of the head above the forehead. Then pull the top of the hair back, as usual, using a Goody ribbon elastic.
4. Front to Side Twist - This is one of my favorite hairstyles for my daughter. It's pretty and can be done in 20 seconds or less. Start with parting the hair on the side. Then take a small piece of hair, starting at the part, and twist it twice away from the forehead. Next, add another small piece of hair and give the hair a couple more twists. Continue to do this until you reach the temple. Then twist the hair several times and secure it with a Goody Straight A Style contour snap clip on the side.
5. Half French Side Braid - I think this hairstyle is my daughter's favorite. No more plain ponytails on P.E. days! For this one, you'll need to start with a side part. Begin braiding hair at the part and add pieces of hair from along the forehead as you braid (just like a French braid, but only adding hair from one side). Continue this until you've incorporated the hair above the ear. Then switch to a standard braid and secure with an elastic. We used the Goody ponytailer elastics with beads for a little extra sparkle, but any color Goody Girls Ouchless elastics that match her outfit would work.
Like these easy back-to-school hairstyles? Pin This for later . . .
Which easy hairstyle is your favorite? If you have a favorite easy back-to-school hairstyle, please share it with us below! Also find more easy hairstyle how-to's by visiting Goody Hair on YouTube.
You can find Goody Straight A Style hair accessories at Meijers and Walgreens for approximately $3.99 to $4.99. Be sure to pick up these and other Goody Hair accessories to complete your daughter's back-to-school wardrobe!
Share your thoughts about these easy hairstyles for girls with us on Facebook!