A few months ago, I received a generous gift of a new 17" widescreen laptop from my parents. This notebook is a monster measuring 16-1/8" x 11-1/4". The first thing I thought was how in the world am I going to lug this laptop around when I attend the BlogHer 2010 convention in August? The answer was obvious . . . I had to find the perfect 17" laptop bag.
The perfect women's laptop tote to me would be something that would not only hold my laptop and charger, but a bag that could also house my essentials, such as my keys, wallet, mobile phone, digital camera, and a pen. I am not coordinated enough to carry two bags, so when I need to carry a diaper bag or a beach bag, I usually just grab my clutch and throw it in that larger bag. The perfect laptop bag would allow me to do the same thing. One other thing is that I am not a sporty person. I like a bag that looks polished, but is also versatile and perhaps does not outwardly look like a laptop bag. "The Large Milano" laptop tote made by Mobile Edge for Her sold by Kolobags had all the features I was looking for.
What I thought about The Large Milano laptop tote by Mobile Edge:
1) I have to say that I am impressed by the quality of this laptop bag. There was not one flaw plus it came protected in a dust bag with a Velcro flap closure.
2) What attracted me to this bag was the sophisticated look. I love that it is structured and has rolled handles. This bag would work well paired with jeans or with a suit. The black faux croc exterior allows this bag to work with most wardrobe colors schemes. I also love the contrast of the soft red suede-like interior.
3) The chrome hardware is a must since I don't wear any gold jewelry. This includes the handle attachments, the four feet that help protect the bottom of the bag, and the double zipper pulls.
4) The side of the bag is gusseted so that I can fit additional items, such as file folders or a notepad, in addition to my laptop and all its accessories.
5) This bag comes with a detachable clutch/wristlet. This is just what I need to keep my personal items safe, such as my license, cards, money, band aids, etc . . .
6) This bag's interior is divided into three main sections. The center compartment is padded and fits my large notebook computer perfectly.
7) The second section has a zippered compartment plus several organizational features, including a padded pocket for a mobile phone, a place for keys, pens, and a USB drive. One very important feature is the large lined pocket on the left with the Velcro closure. This is a Wireless Security Shield pocket and protects your bluetooth devices from hackers, spammers, and viruses.
8) The third section has a pocket that runs the full length of the bag and also has a Velcro closure. The wristlet clips to this side of the bag and can be tucked inside this pocket to keep it out of the way. This side of the bag is large enough to house your paperwork as well as your laptop charger or extra battery.
Unless I save enough money to buy a powerful netbook, you will be seeing me at BlogHer with this laptop tote and perhaps even the year after. I am determined to make sure this beautiful bag is well-cared for, so it should last for many years, plus Mobile Edge offers a lifetime warranty.
You can find this and other laptop totes plus laptop messenger bags, backpacks, laptop sleeves, iPod cases, luggage, diaper bags, and more at Kologbags.com . To keep up with the latest Kolobags news, you can find Kolobags on Facebook and Kolobags on Twitter. Through March 31st, 2010 you can save an additional 10% off your Kolobags order when you use Code: garnets10 at checkout. As always, if your order totals more than $50, you can receive free ground shipping within the United States.
Thank you to Kolobags for giving me a gift certificate to use towards this sample laptop tote on which this review was based.