Sunsweet Ones are individually wrapped pitted dried plums that are fat free and contain antioxidants. Throw in high levels of potassium plus fiber and probiotics and this healthy snack qualifies as a "super fruit".
I was very curious to see if my own children would enjoy eating these California prunes as much as I did (and still do). I am happy to report that all three of my children, toddlers and kindergartner alike, enjoyed Sunsweet Ones very much. We were able to offer them in place of fruit snacks without any protests.
Take two minutes to find out why prunes are considered to be Super Fruit:
I think Sunsweet Ones would make a great alternative to candy in stockings or in gift baskets this holiday. They come in an attractive package and you can feel good about gifting something that is a healthy snack.
You can purchase Sunsweet products at the Sunsweet Store and at your local supermarkets.
This post was written as part of a program for Family Review Network and Sunsweet Ones, who provided the product for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product.
What you can win:
FIVE lucky readers will each receive a voucher for a free Sunsweet product plus a Sunsweet reusable tote bag.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Read the list of reasons why prunes are a "super fruit". Then leave a comment telling me which of those reasons is most important to you. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Pop-A-Prune.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Facebook profile.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook, making sure to show a thumbnail of the product or the sponsor's logo. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Monday, November 30th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!