My husband is a huge fan of Tom Brady of the New England Patriots and, as a result, my son is too of course. He also loves his Transformers, Power Rangers, Gobots, and other action figures. That is why I knew he would be crazy about this Tom Brady Pro-Bot from Toy Quest. In fact, my husband was pretty excited about it too.
What my son and I thought about his NFL Pro-Bot:
1) At first glance, this toy appeared to be complicated. After further examination, it turns out that it is very detailed front and back and has many joints and moving parts, but in the end it is still an action figure.
2) I was especially fascinated by the hands because even the fingers were jointed.
3) This toy has one trick and my son is extremely impressed by it. The player's head in full gear flips down while his uncovered head flips up. I have to admit that this is a neat feature, although at times, it is difficult to snap the head piece into place after rotating it.
4) I was surprised that some of the robot figure's parts and limbs detached fairly easily. This did not bother my son because, in his mind, that is how robots are supposed to be.
5) This robot figure comes with a small football like the one shown below. Although it makes sense for an NFL player figure to have a football, it did not really fit with the toy, at least not as far as a child is concerned. There was no place to store the football and the player's hand did not open wide enough to grasp it. I ended up putting ours away in a safe place because I knew it would get lost quickly.
I think this robot NFL figure is a fitting toy for a young football fan. It has a high coolness factor. My son is already asking me for another Pro-Bot from a different team so that he can play a game of football with them. Having said that, if you are purchasing this figure as a collector's item, I recommend that you keep it in the package, which comes with an official holographic NFL licensed seal.
Thank you to Toy Quest for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive their choice of one in-stock 6" NFL Pro-Bot.
(Because stock may vary, the list of available teams will not be provided until the winner is notified.)
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Leave a comment telling me which of the following NFL players is your favorite . . .
Tom Brady - Patriots
Reggie Bush - Steelers
Ben Roethlisberger - Saints
Larry Fitzgerald - Cardinals
Brian Westbrook - Eagles
Darren McFadden - Raiders
Clinton Portis - Redskins
Demarcus Ware - Cowboys
Tony Romo - Cowboys
Eli Manning - Giants
You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Toy Quest. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Facebook profile.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook, making sure to show a thumbnail of the product or the sponsor's logo. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, November 26th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!