If you've read my blog before, then you know I'm all about easy recipes with few ingredients. To make things even easier, we opted to use a turkey that was already cleaned.
We followed the instructions for roasting a turkey to the letter, except we did not brush the outside with butter because we thought it would be more healthful. I think if we had used a little butter, the turkey would have browned more and the skin may have turned a bit more crispy.
We had invited my parents over for this trial run turkey dinner and everyone agreed that the turkey was delicious. Soaking the turkey in the brine inside and out overnight pretty much guaranteed that it would be moist through and through. Even though we rinsed the brine off the turkey before roasting it, the meat was still extremely flavorful.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive an assortment of Kikkoman brand products.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse through the Kikkoman Home Cooks recipes. Then leave a comment telling me which recipe sounds the tastiest (aside from the Turkey Brine). You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Kikkoman Home Cooks. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Facebook profile.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, November 19th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!