What I thought about this Numbers and Counting DVD for toddlers:
1) I like that this DVD uses a variety of objects to illustrate each number. Chances are that there will be something that your child will show an affinity towards. These objects include animals, foods, transportation vehicles, and more.
2) The benefits of this DVD are not limited to learning about numbers and counting to 10. Other concepts taught by this DVD are sounds, colors, and action words.
3) Although my toddlers were most excited when they saw objects that they recognized, I like that the DVD includes things that may be new to a toddler, such as windmills, jellyfish, and asparagus. This just offers more opportunity for learning.
4) In addition to pointing out the things they recognized, my toddlers liked imitating the animal sounds.
5) The classical music in the background included works by Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, and more. Although the music was beautiful, it was secondary to the visual content, which was the only thing holding my toddlers' attention.
6) Because the twins can only count up to 3, every number after 4 lost a little more of their attention. I expect this to change each time we watch the DVD as they become more adept at remembering and recognizing additional numbers.
To view the full selection of Math Tutor DVDs from basic math to physics, visit MathTutorDVD.com .
Thank you to MathTutorDVD.com for providing us with both a review product and contest prizes free of charge.
What you can win:
3 lucky reader will each receive a Young Minds - Numbers And Counting DVD.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Take a look at the list of Math Tutor DVD categories. Then leave a comment telling me which DVD category would be helpful to someone you know. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND MathTutorDVD.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Monday, October 12th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!