I chose this potty seat made by BabyBjorn to feature as a "TWINtuitive Product" because potty training boy-girl twins is tough enough without worrying about swapping potty seats depending on which twin is about to make a potty attempt. I have looked at many different potty seats in the past when we were choosing one for our now 5yr old son. It was very clear that some were more geared towards boys and some towards girls. The one we owned previously had a removable splash guard, but it would be an extra step to add or remove that piece . . . an extra step that will make it harder for the child to get onto the potty on time. This would also keep the child from being able to use the potty more independently as his or her training progresses.
What I thought about the BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:
1) I liked the contoured seat. It is actually more comfortable for the child to sit on than the potty chairs we have with the cushioned donut seats. Those actually leave an awful red mark on the twins' behinds if they sit on it for more than a few minutes.
2) I also like that the built-in splash guard is gently rounded and does not protrude out too far. I am always worried that the child (boy or girl) would sit on it by accident and be hurt.
3) If you haven't noticed, this seat does not have handles on the sides. Well, it doesn't need it. This potty seat is adjustable to fit your particular toilet seat's opening so there is no unsteady movement of the toilet trainer when the child sits down or gets up from this seat.
4) If you cannot see from the photo, this potty seat (in the Snow white - Ocean blue color) is marbled. I never thought it was possible for a potty seat to look upscale, but this one actually does.
5) Not all potty seats have a handle at the top. A handle not only makes it easier to pick up a soiled potty seat, but it also allows it to be hung on a hook on the wall when not in use.
With the help of our BabyBjorn potty seat, our 2.5yr old son Luke would like to demonstrate proper bathroom etiquette after using the potty . . .
Last, wash your hands with soap and water in the sink.
Thank you to BabyBjorn for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will win a BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer of their very own.
This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the selection of toddler and baby products offered by BabyBjorn. Then leave a comment telling me which one item you think would make the most useful gift for expecting parents. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) "Already a fan of BabyBjorn? If you want to be even more involved, fill out the survey at www.babybjornbelievers.com/jointo see if you qualify to become a BabyBjorn Believer. This unique group of parents helps inform others about safe, high quality BabyBjorn products; gets a first look at new BabyBjorn products; and is able to share feedback directly with BabyBjorn. To learn more visit www.babybjornbelievers.com"
For an extra entry, fill out the BabyBjorn Believer Survey. Then leave a separate comment telling me that you did.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post and to BabyBjorn.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
6) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
7) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
8) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
9) Add my "Get Cool For School" giveaway event button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
10) Add my "Monterey Car Seat" giveaway button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, July 30th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!