This Mother's Day gifts post has been written as part of a compensated campaign for Coupons.com. All opinions expressed are my own.
This year, Mother's Day falls on May 11th, a date that is quickly sneaking up on us! If you need to shop for a new mom this year, my advice is to give her a thoughtful gift that you picked out with solely her in mind. Since the majority (if not all) of the the gifts that have come into her home for the past year or so has likely been for the new baby, she will greatly appreciate a gift that was truly picked out for her.
Having been a new mom more than once, here are a few suggestions for Mother's Day gifts for new moms that I came across on BabiesRUs.com that I would have loved to receive during those exhausting periods of my life . . .
1. If you're considering gifting a glider and ottoman, the Stork Craft Custom Tuscany Glider and Ottoman ($229.99) might be a fine choice. Not only does it come in 6 wood finishes and 4 different upholstery choices, it has been highly rated by other customers for comfort. I cannot tell you how many times I had fallen asleep while nursing in the middle of the night and woke up wishing I had a more comfortable place to doze off while still securely cradling my baby.
2. In addition to dealing with the logistics of nursing away from home, many moms have still not returned to their pre-baby clothing size. Why not treat her to a few stylish nursing tops, such as this Thyme Maternity Sleeveless Nursing Top (on sale for $8.70). It might make a huge difference in her outlook on days she needs to go out and about while feeling run-down and sleep-deprived.
3. Like many new moms, I gave up carrying a handbag and just threw my keys, phone, and wallet in a diaper bag. That is a huge deal for any woman who has a love of stylish handbags. If this sounds like the new mom in your life, how about gifting her a stylish diaper bag disguised as a handbag like this JP Lizzy Satchel ($59.99)? This bag looks like a fashion-forward handbag, but it comes with a changing pad and there are pockets inside for diapers, wipes, bottles, and more.
4. Other than having other people coming in to help, there are not too many ways to reduce the amount of household chores that need to be done. Having a new baby increases the number of chores, but reduces the amount of time and energy available to dedicate to these tasks. A robotic vacuum, like the Neato XV Signature Vacuum ($449.99), would be a welcomed gift for any new mom. Not only does this gift allow for hands-free vacuuming, it might also be handy for soothing babies that are partial to the hum of a vacuum.
5. Although new moms don't have much free time, it is a treat to fit a little pampering in here and there. The Susan Brown's Just for Mom Ultimate Gift Basket ($95.00) or any selection of Susan Brown's body products would make a wonderful gift for a new mom. Some of the products include a Dead Sea Salt Foot Soak, Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer, and Botanical Body & Massage Oil.
Before you shop for Mother's Day gifts at Babies R Us, be sure to check for Coupons.com Babies R Us coupon codes to maximize your budget. This is great advice to follow for any online retailer. As an avid online shopper, I never complete my order anywhere without checking for promo codes first.
What other ideas do you have for great gifts for new moms?
PLEASE NOTE: This is a multi-blog giveaway. Please read the entry requirements carefully, as they will differ than what you would normally see on 3G2S.
Good luck in the drawing!