Photos and world record information provided by Bender Helper Impact on behalf of Guinness World Records. No compensation was received for sharing these fun facts with my readers.
Now that Valentine's Day has arrived, do you feel like you settled for giving the same old box of candy and flowers because you just weren't feeling inspired? Well, here are some fun Guinness World Records that may spark some ideas for some grand romantic gestures for many Valentine's Days to come.
1. Largest Chocolate Truffle - The largest chocolate truffle weighted 1,768 lb 11 oz and was achieved by Mirco Della Vecchia, Andrea Andrighetti, Rimini Fiera, Fabbri 1905, Icam and Martellato (all Italy) at the Sigep Fair in Rimini, Italy on January 21, 2012.
2. Largest Box Of Chocolate - The largest box of chocolates is a Thorntons Moments box weighing 3,725 lbs. It was produced by Thorntons and Russell Beck Studios, and weighed in Bethnal Green, London, UK, on 2 April 2, 2008.The box was 16 ft 6 in long, 11 ft 2 in wide and 3 ft 3 1/2 in deep.
3. Largest Collection Of Teddy Bears - Jackie Miley (USA) had 7,106 different teddy bears, as of March 11, 2011, which she has been collecting since 2002. When Jackie began the collection in 2002, she had no idea things would turn out as they have. When the collection grew, she thought she would like to collect as many teddy bears as Hill City’s population (780) for a goal. Since then her collection has grown to such an extent that she now has them in a little house of their own called Teddy Bear Town. It is located across the street from her apartment.
4. Largest Underwater Wedding - The largest underwater wedding was achieved by 303 divers who attended the marriage ceremony between Ewa Staronska and Pawel Burkowski (both Poland) during an event organised by Orka Group Ltd (Poland) at the Koparki Diving Base, Jaworzno, Poland, on August 27, 2011.
5. Longest Marriage - Herbert Fisher (USA, b. 10 June 1905) and Zelmyra Fisher (USA, b. 10 December 1907) were married on May 13, 1924 in North Carolina, USA. They had been married 86 years, 9 months, and 16 days as of February 27, 2011. Herbert Fisher sadly died on Sunday February 27, 2011. The couple had 5 children.
6. Longest Kiss - The longest kiss lasted 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds and was achieved by Ekkachai Tiranarat and Laksana Tiranarat (both Thailand) at an event organized by Ripley's Believe It or Not! Pattaya, in Pattaya, Thailand, on February 12-14 2013. Nine couples entered the annual competition, including a married couple in their 70s. However, it was previous record holders Ekkachai Tiranarat and Laksana Tiranarat who came out on top, scooping a cash prize and two diamond rings as well as another Guinness World records title.
What world record would you want to try to break? For more ideas, visit www.guinnessworldrecords.com.