This post has been written as part of a sponsored campaign for MSLGroup and their client Mr. Clean®. All opinions expressed are my own.
Photo by Rob Kim/Getty Images
If you've ever rung in the New Year in New York City's Times Square or watched the ball drop on television, then you must know that this celebration is one of the biggest parties of the year. Have you ever wondered how the city recovers after such a celebration? Well, Julie Edelman (of The Accidental Housewife) and her team of 25 Mr. Clean ambassadors know first hand. Around 4am, after 20+ trucks, about as many mechanical sweepers, and even more backpack blowers removed up to 50 tons of debris, Edelman and the "Mr. Clean Team" took over to make sure Duffy Square's Red Steps were clean for those who visited on the first day of the year. Their tool of choice was Mr. Clean® Liquid Muscle™, a brand new multi-purpose concentrated cleaning gel.
|Photo provided by MSLGroup|
- TACKLE HIGH TRAFFIC ZONES FIRST: Divide your home into MUST DO and CAN DO LATER zones. The must do’s are bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms which are bacteria, allergy (dust mites) and germ magnets AND should be cleaned regularly. Can do later zones are areas such as family rooms, guest bedrooms, and hallways.
- BLEND CHORES THAT BORE INTO EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES: Housework can be boring, so staying focused while doing it can be a chore. ‘Blend’ i.e. ‘work’ tasks into everyday activities and routines. Next time you’re chatting on the phone with your BF or mom, chat while cleaning countertops, door handles and sinks.
- STREAMLINE YOUR CLEANING TOOLS WITH MULTI-TASKERS: There’s no need to have countless cleaning products clogging cabinets. Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can be used directly on tough dirt or used as a dilute to handle big or small messes on hard surfaces such as tables, countertops, sinks, stoves and even floors.
- TAKE THE GUESS WORK OUT OF ‘HOW MUCH’: Thanks to its innovative one-dose cap, Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle delivers the perfect amount of cleaning gel with every squeeze – that can be applied directly to surfaces or diluted in water as a cleaning solution. Similar to tasks like dishwashing and laundry, buy single, pre-measured packets. This will certainly help you prevent wasting product and in the end, also save you money!
- ENLIST PINT-SIZED HELPERS: If you have young kids, they are perfect for helping with kid-friendly home-keeping chores like vacuuming and laundry. If you don't have any children, I'm sure friends and family who do will be happy to lend out theirs so they can enjoy an hour or two of free time!
|Photo by Rob Kim/Getty Images|