This is a photo gift craft I had done for Father's Day earlier this year. I think it would make a great Holiday gift for almost any friend or family member because this craft has so many possibilities. I got the idea when I saw a baby photo example on Pinterest from a blog called The Coleman Chronicles. This was really so simple to make that I don't even think I need to write out a formal tutorial. Basically, all you need to do is . . .
1. Buy a horizontal or vertical collage frame that fits the number of letters in the word or phrase you want to spell out. I got my frame at A.C. Moore for under $10.
2. Since I did not want to spend a few dollars per letter on white wooden letters, I just bought some inexpensive white foam sheets and cut my letters out of those to spell "We [heart] Baba." If you have any letters that are shown twice, you can reuse a single letter rather than make more than one. I did buy the wooden red heart though because I would probably use that again in the future.
3. Have your child or children hold each letter and take a photo.
4. Print your pictures out on your own printer or have them printed by a photo service.
5. Trim your photos to the right size and put them into the frame.
That's it! You're done!!
(Click any photo to enlarge)
If I had to do it all again, I would have had my photos printed by a photo service because my printer just makes everything look darker and duller than it really is.
Regardless, my husband loved this photo gift! It sits right on his desk in his office at work. What would your "Spell It Out" photo gift say?