2. Popular Mechanics Books ($24.95 each) - If you are shopping for a man who loves science and technology, then the many non-fiction Popular Mechanics books might be the perfect gift for him. For my husband, who is a huge fan of Popular Mechanics Magazine, I chose . . .
1. Pelican ProGear™ U105 Urban Laptop Backpack ($139.95) - This backpack is great for anyone who wants to provide maximum protection for their 15" laptop, but it is especially perfect for someone who needs to carry specialized tools, in addition to the laptop, for IT work. There are loops on the interior and exterior for things like screwdrivers and flashlights. The laptop compartment is completely surrounded by an armor-like rigid case, plus has a beefy Velcro strap to hold the laptop in place. There is even an additional protected pocket on the front for a tablet. The padded straps are completely adjustable for maximum comfort. If you know a man who is rough and tough on his backpack, then this super-industrial water-resistant Pelican ProGear backpack would make the perfect gift this Holiday. Overall, this backpack measures 12-1/2"W x 20-1/2"H x 9-1/2"D. To learn more about this and other Pelican ProGear products, visit www.pelicanprogear.com.
- Popular Mechanics Complete Home How-To book
- The Amazing Weapons That Never Were: Robots, Flying Tanks & Other Machines of War
- The Wonderful Future That Never Was: Flying Cars, Mail Delivery by Parachute, and Other Predictions from the Past
- What Went Wrong: Investigating the Worst Man-made and Natural Disasters.
Author Gregory Benford will also be in NYC Nov. 28 for “Pride: Flying Cars and Other Broken Promises.” You can get $10 off w/code PRIDE12: http://bit.nyas.org/Uys5si.
3. SOL REPUBLIC Tracks HD V10 Anthem Headphones ($149.99) - My husband fell in love with these headphones on the first day that he used them. He found them to offer high quality sound through all ranges, plus deep deep bass, which is a huge plus for him. In addition to being super-comfortable and very adjustable, these headphones in the Anthem Edition colors are extremely cool looking. The first day he wore them at work, he had 5 people stop to ask him what type of headphones they were. These headphones come with a neoprene carrying case and is packaged inside a very attractive ready-to-wrap box. The SOL REPUBLIC Anthems are every bit as nice as Beats by Dr Dre at a significantly lower price. To learn more about these and other SOL REPUBLIC headphones, visit www.solrepublic.com.
4. Philips Norelco Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper Pro ($39.99) - In between haircuts, my husband trims his own hair. He also gives our two boys haircuts once every month or two and does a pretty great job. Of course, how well he does depends directly on the tool he uses, so he was excited to try out the Do-It-Yourself Clipper Pro. He found it to be a quality product, but since it is different from what he previously used, there was a learning curve involved. By the time he was cutting our second son's hair, my husband had begun to grow comfortable using these new clippers, the various length settings, and the 180 degree rotating head. Each charge holds an hour's worth of power. Another plus is that these clippers are 100% waterproof. To learn more about these clippers, visit www.usa.philips.com, where you can download a manufacturer's coupon to save $5 off selected Philips Norelco products. Currently, these clippers are selling on Amazon.com for $34.99 with Free Super Saver Shipping plus a $5 off coupon.
5. Gola Redford Men's Daypack ($50) - This is a sporty retro style shoulder bag for men. My husband used to carry a nylon hiking daypack when he was younger. He could get away with it back then, but now something like that would just not go with his shirt and tie or even with a golf shirt. For that reason, he has not used a bag for many years and was quite excited about the idea of carrying one again. This bag is roomy and durable. Measuring approximately 17"x12"x4", this is the perfect bag for when a backpack is too much. There is enough room to hold a padfolio, file folders, a tablet and more. My husband thinks that it would also make a nice compact gym bag for holding a towel and an extra change of clothes. There is also a comfortable adjustable shoulder strap and a zippered pocket inside that is nearly the full length of the bag. The Gola Redford in Navy/White currently ships free within the U.S. Visit www.golausa.com to learn more about this and other Gola bags.
Although complimentary product samples were sent to facilitate this gift guide, all opinions expressed are my own.
SOL Republic PUNK Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - ARV $69.99 (Ends 12/15) Winner Announced!
$100 Kohl's Gift Card (Ends 12/10) Winner Announced!
SOL Republic 'Music Made Me Do It' Prize Pack - ARV $700+ (Ends 12/8) Winner Announced!
Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth Phone System - ARV $119.99 (Ends 11/24) Winner Announced!