After being a parent for 8 years and a cat owner for nearly 15 years, I cannot help but notice the many similarities there are in regards to behavior between cats and young children about 2 to 5 years old. Even if you have never had any children or have never owned a cat, the following behaviors will likely sound all too familiar to you.
If you have more to add to the list, please feel free to leave them in a comment below. I bet there could be at least twenty more things to add.
Similarities between cats and young children . . .
1. They want your attention when they want it and do not expect to wait for it.
2. Regardless of what you are doing in the bathroom, they are coming in.
3. No matter how many times you tell them not to play with their food, they will still do it.
4. They accidentally urinate in the wrong places sometimes.
5. When they eat too much food too quickly without chewing, it usually comes back up.
6. When they are tired, they can pretty much take a catnap anywhere.
7. If something small is mysteriously missing suddenly, they probably took it.
8. If there is a glass of water sitting out on the table, they cannot resist sticking their hand in it.
9. They cannot suppress their curiosity and get themselves into some hairy situations because of it.
10. They have no qualms about waking you up just because.