Choice of 1 of 4 New Super Duper Publications Games - up to a $39.95 value (Ends 5/20)
A Free LACTAID Product to Try in Your Favorite Recipe (Ends 5/20)
Monster High "Ghouls Helping Ghouls" Package - ARV $75 (Winner Announced)
The Young Scientists Club Science Kit - Winner's Choice (Winner Announced)
$50 Gift Code to Novica.com - Worldwide entries (Winner Announced)
Having had the chance to play with the Chuggington Die-Cast toy trains and the Chuggington Interactive Railway, our children were most excited to try out the Chuggington Wooden Railway play sets because they seem to be the ones that would offer them the most freedom as far as track configuration goes. We received the Chuggington Over & Under Starter Set, the Double-Decker Roundhouse, the Track Pack, and the Elevated Track Pack. This is what the children created with the help of their Dad . . .
The children definitely love the Chuggington Double-Decker Roundhouse, which has rooms for 6 Chuggers to "sleep" in. The turntable can be elevated to access the Chuggers on the second floor. The best part about this Roundhouse is that it can become two separate single-level structures or one circular structure, as well.
One thing the Double-Decker Roundhouse teaches is patience. Our children were forced to take turns using the turntable with his or her Chugger.
The Over & Under Starter Set comes with a 2-in-1 Clock Tower. This 2-piece tower can be stacked to make a double-decker tunnel or separated to make two single-level tunnels.
Many times, the children will not use all the pieces when they set up their own tracks, but rather they will make a simpler configuration using the Double-Decker Roundhouse and the Clock Tower. Those two pieces are a must.
I should point out that you should make sure to have plenty of Chuggers because have two engines between three children did not work out well for us. None of the engines from the other Chuggington lines work on the wooden rails, but some other brands of wooden trains did work on the wooden Chuggington tracks, which are compatible with wooden tracks from train systems by other major brands. That was a great temporary fix until we can buy additional wooden Chuggers.
You can purchase Chuggington Wooden Railways toys at the Learning Curve Shop, Amazon.com, and select specialty toy retailers nationwide as of March 1st. Visit Chuggington.com for more information about the show, the Chuggers, games, and more.
Thank you to Learning Curve for providing complimentary product samples for us to base this review upon and for providing additional product for our contest prize.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a Chuggington Wooden Railway Over & Under Starter Set.
This giveaway is open to U.S. entries only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, join the Learning Curve Email List. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments telling me you did.
4) For 1 extra entry each, if you are a Friend of mine on Facebook and/or if you have "liked" the 3 Garnets & 2 Sapphires Facebook page, then leave a separate comment here telling me so with the link to your Facebook profile.
5) For 1 extra entry each, follow Chuggington on Twitter and/or "Like" Chuggington on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment for each with the link to your Twitter or Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.