- Step One: Ozonation. In nature, ozone is generated by lightning and cleans the air where rainwater forms. The Zuvo Water Filtration System mixes ozone with incoming tap water to treat taste and odor contaminants and improve taste. Like chlorine, ozone is a powerful oxidizer. Unlike chlorine, ozone leaves no chemical residue.
- Step Two: Ultraviolet Light. The ozone saturated water is flooded with high-intensity UV light - the same as the solar energy that cleans water in the upper atmosphere.
- Step Three: Photo-Oxidation. The Zuvo Water Filtration System combines UV and ozone in a patented process known as photo-oxidation which releases powerful oxidizers to further treat the water.
- Step Four: Filtration with Lead Removal. Pure spring water is created by passing through fine particles in the earth. Zuvo uses the same principle by passing water through a Class 1 Particulate Reduction Filter, reducing chlorine taste and odor, lead, and tiny particulates.
- Step Five: Post-Filration UV. The filtered water is again exposed to high-intensity UV light as it leaves the Zuvo Water Filtration System, ensuring that you get clean, healthy, great tasting water...just the way nature intended!
You can buy the Zuvo Water Filtration System at ZuvoWater.com, Amazon.com, and soon at Brookstone. It retails for $299.99 and is also available in a below-the-counter model for slightly more.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a stainless steel Above-Counter Zuvo Water Filtration System (ARV $300).
For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
Subscribe to A Blog of Goodies' feed (the sister site to 3 Garnets & 2 Sapphires). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Monday, November 8th, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!