My husband and I do think that social development is extremely important for a happy well-rounded child. The only thing that stands between our children attending summer camp daily throughout the summer is the expense. That is why we always look for programs that allow us to sign up a week at a time. This also benefits anyone who is trying to fit in summer camp around family outings and vacations.
Kindercare Summer Camp goes beyond offering weekly programs. They have assigned a theme to each of 12 week-long programs. The themes include Art Expo, Kids' Kitchen, Gross and Gooey Science, Spectacular Sports, and much more. I think my six year old son would particularly be interested in Dig Ancient Egypt week.
Kindercare Learning Centers have locations in 39 states. Visit Kindercare.com to find a location near you. Here is the summer program schedule. Remember that space is limited, so if you are particularly interested in a certain program, it would be smart to reserve your child's spot right away.
- Wild, Wild West*
- Wilderness 101*
- Dig Ancient Egypt*
- You’ve Got Talent!* School-Age Only
- Puppeteer Road Show* School-Age Only
- Gross & Gooey Science - Starts June 21
- Spectacular Sports - Starts June 28
- Animal Antics - Starts July 5
- Science Adventures - Starts July 12
- Art Expo - Starts July 19
- Kids’ Kitchen - Starts July 26
- Splish, Splash!*
- Surfs Up!* Preschool & Pre-K Only
- Everyday Heroes* Preschool & Pre-K Only
* Date varies by center
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of KinderCare and received a gift certificate to thank me for taking the time to participate.