There are many choices out there as far as dolls go. So let me tell you why this particular doll appealed to me so much that I wanted to write a product review about it.
What I thought about the Goldberger "Mommy's Baby" Doll:
1) This doll is going to bring pretend play to the next level for my daughter. She already shows nurturing tendencies towards her dolls now, so to have a doll that will respond to her actions will be new and exciting for her.
2) One of the main concerns I had about an interactive doll was about the fact that it might make too much noise should my daughter choose to have the doll sleep with her. This doll has a power switch right on her back under her clothes. If you switch the doll off, you are left with a quiet soft-bodied doll that would be the perfect companion to sleep with.
3) This doll's eyes close when your child lays her down and then she plays a lullaby before she falls asleep. Then you can hear her soft rhythmic breathing just as if she was a real baby. If your child picks her back up, then the doll coos as she does after each response is completed.
5) I like that this doll comes with some very basic no nonsense accessories. There are no small parts to lose, which is great. I love that the bib does not need to go around the doll's neck. Instead, it Velcros right onto her cloths. One thing I would like to have seen is for the doll to be able to hold the rattle somehow.
6) I think my daughter will very much enjoy caring for this doll. She has pretended to feed her other dolls before, but she has never had the chance to respond to crying or to figure out how to make her other dolls giggle and be happy.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a Goldberger "Mommy's Baby" Interactive Doll.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Take a look at the other 7 dolls offered by Goldberger. Then leave a comment telling me what doll (other than the one reviewed here today) would you love to give to a child in your life. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND GoldbergerToy.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) For 1 extra entry each, follow GoldbergerToy on Twitter and/or fan Goldberger Toy Co. on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter or Facebook profile. You will earn one extra entry for each as long as you leave a separate comment for each entry.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, December 10th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!