The DVDs I received to review were Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Aerosmith, of Guns n' Roses (which recently hit store shelves on November 10th), and more of The Beatles. I was pleased to find that there were some of my favorite songs represented by each group on all three CDs.
1) For an adult to listen to some of these familiar songs, it is very difficult to suppress the urge to sing along. In my case, that would probably reverse any of the serenity achieved by playing the lullabies.
2) All the music is played by what sounds like xylophones in a music box style. If played softly, I think it would definitely lull a person to sleep, babies and adults alike. I know I had to turn the music off at two different times because I was starting to get a little drowsy.
Rockabye Baby Guns n' Roses CD. The melody is so beautiful.
You can sample each song from all 29 Rockabye Baby! CDs on RockabyeBabyMusic.com prior to ordering. These CDs would make great gifts for both new and expectant parents this holiday.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive an Aerosmith Rockabye Baby CD and a second reader will receive a Guns n' Roses Rockabye Baby CD.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the selection of Lullaby CDs available by Rockabye Baby. Then leave a comment telling me which CD (other than the 3 reviewed here today) is a rendition of songs by one of your favorite artists. Also, if you have a preference, please note whether you would prefer to win the Aerosmith or the Guns n' Roses CD. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND RockabyeBabyMusic.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Fan Rockabye Baby on Facebook or Follow Rockabye Baby on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with either the link to your Facebook profile or your Twitter profile. You can earn 1 extra entry for doing each.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook, making sure to show a thumbnail of the product or the sponsor's logo. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, December 3rd, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!