Please take a minute to see how well the Hoover Platinum Cordless Stick Vac performed on our wood and stone tile floors:
What I thought about this lightweight vacuum cleaner:
1) This vacuum is so compact and lightweight that it is a breeze to handle. The head fits into corners well, it vacuums close to the wall, and it is very easy to use for vacuuming the stairs.
2) I love that it is bagless and contains a replaceable HEPA filter.
3) This tall narrow vacuum does not look like it could stand upright by itself, but it does. Because it is so compact, it is very easy to store in a closet, even if it is a little broom closet.
4) The handle is very comfortable to grip. I think it is smart to have the labels upside down on the handle so that the operator can read them easily.
5) This vacuum has the option of vacuuming with or without the beater brush.
6) The vacuum's head sits low to the ground, so when we were vacuuming anything that had pieces or chunks, we had to lift the vacuum a little off the ground, otherwise some of the pieces would just get pushed around by the front of the vacuum.
8) Another great thing about the LiNX lithium ion batteries is that they are interchangeable between all the cordless Hoover LiNX products from this line.
9) The receptacle for the debris is very easy to remove and empty. You just push the button to release it and snap it back into place after you have emptied it. There are even instructions right at the bottom about how to care for the receptacle and the vacuum's filter.
10) As you saw in the video, this stick vac did very well against common household debris, such as pet hair, something chunky like dry rice cereal, something larger like scraps of cardboard (from the cats scratching on cardboard boxes), and something fine like cocoa powder.
I have to say that I was extremely surprised that this lightweight stick vac could pick up almost everything that our heavy duty vacuum could. I have not had this vacuum long enough to know how long it would last with such heavy use. I do think this Hoover Platinum Cordless Stick Vac would be great for light cleaning and occasional heavy cleaning when it is called for.
Currently you can find the Hoover Platinum Collection Cordless Stick Vac on Hoover.com and at major retailers, such as Walmart, Best Buy, and Target.
Thank you to Hoover for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a Hoover Platinum Collection Cordless Stick Vac with a rechargeable LiNX lithium ion battery.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the selection of vacuums and floor cleaners offered by Hoover. Then leave a comment telling me what item you saw that would make the perfect gift for someone you know this holiday (aside from the item reviewed here today). You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Hoover Platinum Cordless Collection. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Facebook profile.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!