This sought after cooking set retails for just $19.99 on ecoTimeToys.com . Its 17 pieces include a double-handled wok, a knife, a spoon, a pair of chopsticks, 3 shrimp, 3 mushrooms, 3 snow peas, bok-choi, a red pepper, and cubed steak.
What my children and I thought about this pretend play wok set:
1) Our kindergartner was extremely excited about this toy. He had watched my husband and I cook over the years and knew exactly what to do as far as chopping, stirring the food, and even using the chopsticks.
2) Our twin toddlers learned by watching their big brother. They did not have such an easy time cutting the veggies and the meat at first. Although the Velcro was very strong, they started to master chopping and cutting after some practice.
3) One thing I was not expecting was how adamant my kindergartner was about following the stir fry instructions that were on the back of the box. He insisted that it was a recipe and that it must be followed to the letter.
4) So far, this set has been very durable. There has been lots of tossing the food into the wok. There has not been any injuries or casualties to any of the pieces, even when a piece of bok-choi goes flying several feet because the kids are cutting a little too enthusiastically.
5) Although my kindergartner does not know it yet, this Melissa & Doug toy is going to help me introduce the concept of fractions to him during the week of winter vacation. The bok-choi, red pepper, and cubed steak are all divided into thirds. I wish there was one item that was divided into quarters to help me with this lesson.
I definitely think this is a unique toy that would make a fun affordable gift for a birthday or for the holidays. This set comes in a box ready-to-wrap. To find more green toys like this one by Melissa & Doug and other respected brands, visit ecoTimeToys.com .
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a $30 GC to ecoTimeToys.com .
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the vast selection of toys on ecoTimeToys.com . Then leave a comment telling me what gift you would pick up with the $30 GC if you won this contest. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND ecoTimeToys.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Follow ecoTimeToys on Twitter OR Fan ecoTimeToys on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with either the link to your Twitter profile or to your Facebook profile. You may do both for one extra entry each.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook, making sure to show a thumbnail of a product photo or the sponsor's logo. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, November 12th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!