What my husband thought about his Futura Laptop Desk and Regular MouzPad:
1) My husband thought this laptop desk was surprisingly strong. The desk and the MouzPad is made of high-impact ABS plastic.
2) He liked how the MouzPad easily snaps on and off to suit his particular needs at any given time.
3) Another nice feature is that the MouzPad can also be attached on the left side of the laptop desk for those who are left-handed.
4) In addition to being a laptop desk, the Futura also serves as a tabletop lift, which allows airflow to keep your notebook computer cooler without the use of extra fans.
5) When in the lift position, the built-in grippers do an excellent job of keep the laptop in place without any worries of it shifting or sliding off at an angle.
6) The lift angle is adjustable. This is especially important to cater to the individual user's comfort.
8) The Futura accommodates a 15.4" laptop very well. Since we do not own a 17" laptop currently, we can only predict that this laptop desk would be on the edge of accommodating a notebook computer of that size.
9) My husband thinks this desk would work particularly well when traveling on a plane or another mode of transportation where you have an arm rest. At home, if he plans to be using the Futura for awhile, he will tuck a toss pillow under his right arm, which is the one that uses the mouse.
10) For obvious reasons, you will need to have a light touch when using the mouse because you will only have the weight of your laptop to counter the weight your hand puts on the MouzPad. We have not had any problems with the MouzPad detaching from the weight of my husband's hand.
11) Although it does not affect the accuracy of the mouse, my husband would prefer if the MouzPad had less texture. It is just a tactile preference and he is certain that he would eventually get to a point where he would not notice it anymore.
12) Another thing my husband needed to become accustomed to, is the mouse area. He is use to having unlimited space on the dining room table, so the Regular MouzPad surface seems a little bit limited. This would not be a problem if he had a high resolution mouse though.
13) My husband's laptop has feet and vents out the back, so it was difficult for him to judge how well the Futura allows air flow while it is sitting on his lap. We can say that the large cutouts in the desk appear to leave plenty of room for proper ventilation. Plus the desk is plastic, so it should not transfer heat from your laptop to your lap like metal would.
The Futura Laptop Desk by LapWorks is available for purchase with or without the MouzPad. The price difference is not significant, so I would recommend having the option of the detachable MouzPad, especially if you might use it for travel. If you like to use the touchpad on your laptop or are comfortable using your optical mouse on the sofa cushion, then you can simply leave the MouzPad off.
To learn more about the ergonomics of using a laptop, visit LaptopDesk.net . When I announce the winner of this contest after November 19th, I will also be offering you my readers a special discount of 20% off on your next LaptopDesk.net purchase. If a laptop desk is on your holiday shopping list this year, be sure to check back for the promo code.
Thank you to LapWorks for providing us with both a review product and contest prizes free of charge.
What you can win:
THREE lucky readers will each receive a Futura Laptop Desk w/Regular MouzPad (ARV $39.95 each).
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the selection of products offered by LapWorks. Then leave a comment telling me what item(s) you found, aside from our prize, that would make a great gift for someone you know (yourself included). You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND LaptopDesk.net . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username or a link to your FB profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, November 19th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!