I chose this wooden activity cube from Wooden Toddler Toys to feature as a "TWINtuitive Product", because it not only offers discovery and learning, but also keeps more than one child happily occupied at the same time. This Deluxe Mini Play Activity Cube by Anatex is one of those rare toys that allows my twins to be together, but still play separately. On top of that, it does not take up very much space, which is important in a house that has two toddler beds, two high chairs, 2 etc . . .
What I thought about our Anatex Activity Cube:
1) First of all, there is nothing "mini" about this toy. It is actually 2ft tall and each of the wooden sides are one square foot.
2) This toy needed minimal assembly. I only had to attach the top of the block (which already had the roller coaster attached to it) with four screws.
3) Out of the five activities . . . the roller coaster, the pathfinder, the abacus, the alphabet, and the wonder gears, I have to say that my 2-1/2yr old toddlers like the roller coaster on top and the rotating alphabet the best. Our five year old likes to play with the roller coaster as well.
4) I am very happy to report that there are enough interesting activities on this wooden cube that the twins do not fight at all. If one twin is playing with one side, the other is perfectly happy to choose one of the other four sides to play with.
5) We preferred to put the cube on the floor because it is quite heavy, but it could certainly work well on a low sturdy table.
6) Once the twins had thoroughly familiarized themselves with all aspects of the activity cube, that was our cue to step in to use the cube to teach alphabet recognition, colors, and counting. Their big brother very much enjoys working with the twins on their ABCs and their colors using this cube.
7) One important feature of this toys is that it is extremely well-built and sturdy. We never had a problem with our oldest son losing anything, but the twins seem to lose everything. There are no loose parts to worry about with this toy.
I have seen this activity cube selling for as much as $149.99 online, so I think it is great that Wooden ToddlerToys is currently selling it for just $109.95 . To view more wooden toys by Anatex Toys, visit http://www.woodentoddlertoys.com/ .
Thank you to Wooden Toddler Toys and Anatex for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive an Anatex Deluxe Mini Play Activity Cube.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the vast selection of wooden toys and children's furniture offered by Wooden Toddler Toys. Then leave a comment telling me which item(s) would be a dream gift for a child in your life. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Wooden Toddler Toys. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Follow Wooden Toddler Toys on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, November 5th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!