I started off with something easy . . . Roasted Garlic (page 20). We love garlic in our house, but we have never tried roasting it ourselves. The recipe was just too easy. I'll come back to how our roasted garlic turned out at the end of this article.
Meet Deana Gunn, one of the women behind this unique cookbook:
Some recipes that have been tempting me with their full color photos are:
- Italian Wedding Soup (page 50)
- Asian Shrimp and Noodle Soup (page 68)
- Pizza Bianca with Proscuitto and Asparagus (page 88) Pictured below
- Chickety Chinese Chicken Salad (page 119)
- Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Crepes (page 123) Pictured below
- A Betta Muffuletta (page 140) My husband would love this one!
- Pasta Puttanesca (page 154)
- Comfy Chicken Pot Pie (page 158) This one is next on my list to try.
- Balsamic Green Beans (page 182)
- Frozen Tiramisu (page 203)
- Mushroom Basil Frittata (page 236)
Here is how our roasted garlic turned out. I think it could have stayed in the oven a little bit longer or we should have used smaller bulbs of garlic. Also, ours ended up with a slightly green tinge perhaps because of the type of olive oil we used. Other than that, I would say the recipe was a success.
To try some of these great recipes, visit the Cooking With Trader Joe's Blog. For a limited time, you can purchase this cookbook on Amazon.com at 34% off plus it qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping. You should also be able to find "Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's at your local bookstore. This affordable hardcover cookbook full of easy recipes will make any Trader Joe's fan smile this holiday.
Thank you to Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a hardcover copy of "Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's".
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Visit the Cooking With Trader Joe's Blog. Then leave a comment telling me which recipe looks the tastiest to you. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND CookingWithTraderJoes.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 29th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!