If you do not have room for a dollhouse in your home, then I invite you to take a look at this toy camper recently introduced into the Caring Corners line by Learning Curve for Fall 2009. Just like with a real life camper, this toy fits as much as humanly possible into a very compact space on wheels. The Daisy Greenway Interactive Camper is available to be purchased either by itself or in a value pack, which includes figures and other accessories.
What I thought about our Caring Corners Daisy Greenway Camper:
1) My first thought about this camper is that it exudes a feeling of happiness. Everything from the colors to the style of the decals to the daisy in the teeth . . . all scream carefree living.
2) When I first saw this toy, I thought it was very girly, so I wondered whether it would appeal to my two sons as much as it would my daughter. Well, my concerns were unfounded. Both my sons (almost 3 and almost 6yrs old) enjoyed playing with this toy just as much as my daughter (also almost 3).
3) Although there were many decals included, most of the important ones were already applied. This is a great feature for younger children because they do not need to wait for an adult to help them with the decals before they can start playing. I also like that many of the decals do not need to go in a specific place, so your child can customize their camper the way they like, right down to the bumper stickers.
4) My children's favorite thing to do is to push Daisy Greenway's horn on the steering wheel. When they do this, she sings a fun tune, her headlights flash, and the horn honks. As an adult, you may find it annoying after the tenth consecutive push, but the kids just love it.
5) These are some of the features that I found to be fun and innovative about this toy . . .
- There is a slide that can be used in two different places.
- The driver and passenger seats can be removed to be used as patio chairs
- There is a double-sided grill that flips down on the exterior.
- One of the cabinets under the kitchen counter opens up to a pet bed complete with a food and a water bowl.
- The other cabinet under the kitchen counter opens up to a 2-compartment recycling bin.
- Daisy Greenway's eyes can manually be moved from left to right with a lever on the dashboard.
- There's a pretend LCD television that flips down behind the passenger seat.
- There are multiple windows where your child can look in from the outside and the figures can look out.
To learn more about the Daisy Greenway Interactive Camper or the rest of the Caring Corners toys, visit the Learning Curve Shop. You can purchase Caring Corners toys right on the website or at other major toy retailers, such as Amazon.com, Toys R Us, Walmart, Target, and more.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a "Daisy Greenway Interactive Camper" by Learning Curve.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Visit the Caring Corners product showcase. Then leave a comment telling me what other toy from the Caring Corners line would make a great gift for a child in your life. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND LearningCurve.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 29th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!