I chose these muslin wraps from aden + anais to feature as a "TWINtuitive Product", because they measure a generous 47"x47" and they come in elegant prints, some of which are unisex. This means that these muslin cotton blankets will last your children from birth through their preschool years. They are perfect for twins because many prints are sold in 2pks and 4pks and, since these blankets can be used for years, parents will get more for their money . . . a benefit that is important to parents of twins who have to buy twice as many of almost everything.
What I thought about these Lime-Brown Winter Warmth blankets from aden + anais:
1) When I chose the muslin wraps from the Winter Warmth line to review, I wondered how heavy the blankets would be. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the blankets were extremely lightweight, which means less bulk when you are swaddling an infant.
2) Something else that surprised me was how warm the blankets were even in a single layer. Being 47" square, I was easily able to wrap one around myself to test it out first hand. I think aden + anais should consider making wraps for women. They would sell!
3) I love that the selection of prints are not the conventional juvenile designs and the colors are not restricted to pastel blues, pinks, yellows, and greens. I would describe the designs as delicate and sweet, but sophisticated.
4) These blankets are larger than a standard crib-size blanket. There is enough fabric to hang down the sides of a toddler bed. If I needed to, I could tuck the blanket under the mattress on three sides to help prevent the twins from kicking the blankets off in the middle of the night.
5) These blankets were machine washed and dried. I could see no shrinking or misshaping. I was worried about the muslin getting pulled or caught in the dryer, but they are surprisingly durable. I expect these blankets will last quite a few years if we care for them properly.
To see the full line of Australian aden + anais products, including muslin blankets, cotton hooded towels, and muslin washcloths, visit adenandanais.com . You can also find aden + anais on Facebook.
Thank you to aden + anais for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a 2pk aden + anais Lime-Brown Winter Warmth Muslin Wraps (ARV $49.95) identical to the ones I reviewed.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the selection of aden + anais products. Then leave a comment telling me what item (other than the contest prize) would you love to buy as a holiday gift or a baby shower gift. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND aden + anais. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Become a fan of aden + anais on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 22nd, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!