Today, I thought I would share some of my favorite beauty tips introduced by Unilever thus far. Some of the tips are extremely innovative. Some of them are so simple that I wonder why I never thought of them myself.
Favorite Beauty Tip #1:
Use all-cotton Q-Tips in place of make-up applicators. Sometimes the foam tips of my eye shadow applicators only last through a few applications before they tear or fall off. Silly me . . . I just keep using them and sigh every time the tip falls off while I am applying the eye shadow. I should be using Q-Tips instead. If I break a cotton swab in half, it would fit right in the eye shadow tray. Then after a few uses, I could change it for a new one. This would also be much more sanitary than using the same applicator over a long period of time.
Favorite Beauty Tip #2:
Use Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse to create loose curls in your hair. It always seems like everyone who has curly hair wants straight hair and everyone who has straight hair wants curly hair. I have not gotten a perm in my straight hair for at least 9 years, but I often miss the fun of having the extra bounce and body. Unilever suggests that you can achieve loose curls by applying Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse to wet or damp hair. Then braid the hair in sections. Undo the braids when your hair is dry, comb through your hair with your fingers a few times, and you should have loose curls. I think the mousse is key in achieving the desired results. I use to do something similar, but without any product, and my hair always came out frizzy.
Always keep Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes handy. I already use this product. It is extremely handy for me to use when I've stayed up too late and want to go right to bed. Rather than forgo washing my face, I just clean my face with a Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelette. I keep a pack in my room for such an occasion. Other times when these towelettes would be handy is after working out at the gym or after a late night out.
Thank you to Rocket XL for providing us with sample products and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a box of assorted Unilever products from Pond's, Dove, Q-Tips, and Vaseline.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Leave a comment telling me what beauty product you use daily aside from make-up (i.e. skincare, hair products, etc . . . ). You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND UnileverUSA.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
4) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Facebook profile.
5) For 2 extra entries, share the link to this contest post on Facebook, making sure to show a thumbnail of a product photo or the sponsor's logo. Then leave TWO separate comments with the link to your Facebook profile.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, November 12th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!