If you know a student from the Class of 2010 that has a 3.0 grade point average or higher, participates in at least one out of 27 qualifying school-sponsored sports, and gives back to their community somehow, I urge you to encourage him or her to apply for the Wendy's High School Heisman. If you are a teacher who thinks a student you know deserves this honor, then you can nominate that student for consideration. The first 41,100 students to apply will be awarded with Wendy's gift cards of various values.
One male and one female student from each high school will be chosen to move onto the state and national competitions. 12 finalists will each receive an all-expense paid trip to the Heisman ceremonies scheduled for December 11th-13th, 2009 and these finalists will also be featured on ESPN2. One male and one female student will each win a Wendy’s High School Heisman trophy, a Heisman patch, $10,000 for their High School, and a $500 Wendy's gift card.
If you know a student who should submit an application, please make sure they do so by October 1st, 2009 6pm EST. The application can be found at www.WendysHeisman.com .
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Wendy’s and received a gift certificate to giveaway and to thank me for taking the time to participate.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a $20 Gift Card to Wendy's.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Visit WendysHeisman.com. Then leave a comment telling me the name of one of the 27 sports in which a student must be participating to be eligible to win the Heisman Award. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Wendy's High School Heisman. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 8th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!