Needless to say, both my sons found this calculator (or "countelator" as my 5-1/2yr old would say) to be extremely cool. Of course my toddler just thinks it is a posable toy, but my kindergartner loves it as his first "big boy" calculator.
What I thought about this robot calculator:
1) This calculator definitely has a high neatness factor. The feet, hands, and arms are movable.
2) I like that the LCD display is large and easy to read.
3) I also like the way the calculator buttons are laid out. Having the add, subtract, multiply, and divide buttons grouped together separately is more intuitive than grouping them together in a grid like on traditional calculators.
4) This calculator is freestanding and takes up very little room on a desk's surface.
5) This calculator has some nice hidden features. There is a clip on the back of what would be the robot's head for holding a note or a photo and there is a magnetic disc on the robot's back to store paper clips.
The one thing that would make this robot calculator near-perfect, aside from more user-friendly claws, is to have it be solar-powered. You can view the three colors available for this calculator at Hog Wild Toys and Gifts. It would make a fun unique gift for any budding math prodigy you may know, whether they are a boy or a girl, young or old.
Thank you to Hog Wild Toys for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive one Galactic Addition Robot Calculator.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse Hog Wild's selection of novelty toys and gifts. Then leave a comment telling me what item(s) you saw that would make a fun gift for someone you know. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Hog Wild Toys. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 8th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!