What my children and I thought about Quackers by iPlay:
1) What I liked most about the game is that all the children are on equal footing because the principles of the game are simple. You need to take turns, spin the board, and choose the duck that is quacking. If you choose correctly, you will receive an egg-shaped card. The player with the most cards wins.
2) I was concerned that this game would be too easy for our 5-1/2yr old son, but that was not the case. He was only able to guess which duck was quacking approximately half the time.
3) Although our older son did not have any problems spinning the board around, it did take the twins some practice before they were able to give it a sufficient enough spin to make the hidden egg quack.
4) I also think that the twins may not grasp the concept of negative consequences yet, such as when they must give back a Quackers card when they choose the duck hiding the rotten egg.
5) Another thing the twins needed to practice was to replace the ducks on the pond. The ducks can only go back on while facing to the left. Once they figured this out, they were fine.
Overall, I think this is a fun game that all my children can play together. I am especially pleased that the game is still challenging for my oldest son, so that he will want to play the game with his younger siblings. I think the twins could enjoy the fun of just spinning the board and listening to the quacking sounds all day without actually playing the game.
To view the full selection of toys offered by International Playthings, please visit IntPlay.com .
Thank you to International Playthings for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive their own Quackers Game by iPlay.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the informational toy videos offered by International Playthings. Leave a comment telling me which toy shown in the videos might make it on your holiday shopping list this year (aside from Quackers). You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND International Playthings. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, September 24th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!