What my children and I thought about the GloDoodle:
1) I like that this toy is lightweight. It is not clumsy to handle, even for my toddlers.
2) The self-storing stylus is just long enough for a left-hander to use. One of our twins is left-handed and he can use the toy with no problems.
3) This toy is very user-friendly. Although it is recommended for children aged 4+, our toddlers are able to doodle with it. There is one large Magic Erase button to press to clear the screen and there is one switch on the side that slides to change between red, green, or yellow neon light and to turn the GloDoodle off.
4) My children think it is fun to be able to draw with their fingers because that is not something they can do with their magnetic drawing boards. I do have to say that, since this drawing effect is a result of pressure, using the stylus gives much more precision. For example, when my children try to create a hand print on the GloDoodle, the hand print does show up, but there are also residual marks around the hand shapes.
To learn more about the GloDoodle, visit http://www.glodoodle.com/. You can find this toy locally and online at major toy retailers, such as Toys R Us, Amazon.com, Walmart, and Target.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive a GloDoodle of their very own.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Pop over to SpinMaster.com and click on "Products". Then leave a comment telling me what toy you see that would make a great gift for a child you know. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND GloDoodle.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 1st, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!