What my family and I thought about Delicae Gourmet Slow Cooker Kits:
1) Since I am a lover of recipes with very few ingredients, these kits are right up my alley. For example, below is the kit for the Old Fashioned Pot Roast dinner. In addition to the included ingredients, we only needed to add an 8oz can of tomato sauce, a 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes, 3-4lbs of boneless beef chuck roast, and 3 cups of water or beef broth.
2) The instructions could not be easier. I just had to put the meet into the slow cooker and then add the rest of the ingredients as instructed on the box.
3) Once all the ingredients were in, I was to cover the pot and cook the contents for either 5-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. I like that we had the option of two different cooking times because sometimes I do not have the time to start the slow cooker in the morning, but I can get to it around lunchtime. We cooked ours for 6 hours on high and the meat cooked perfectly.
4) One thing I liked about these kits is that there is no salt added. Without adding any salt, the meal was still flavorful because I could taste all the natural flavors of the ingredients. I personally liked it best with just a little salt added.
7) Out of all the kits we've tried, our absolute favorite so far is the Southern Italian Pasta e Fagioli. We substituted some of the liquid with wine and it tasted out of this world!
8) I definitely think these slow cooker kits are affordable at about $6 each and they are a huge time saver. Each kit makes about 8 servings, which is two dinners for my family of 2 adults and 3 children. The convenience alone makes this product a value to me.
Thank you to Delicae Gourmet for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive their choice of up to $25 worth of Delicae Gourmet products.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the large assortment of gourmet foods available from Delicae Gourmet. Then leave a comment telling me what you would spend your $25 on if you won this contest. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND Delicae Gourmet. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Friend me on Facebook. Then leave a separate comment with your Facebook username.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, October 1st, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!