I know that spilling is a part of life, but it does not mean that I shouldn't do whatever I can to prevent them. With three young children in the house, what are the chances that all three will be careful and attentive when they are eating? . . . Pretty slim.
Spill-proof drinking cups are quite common, but I have yet to find an a spill-proof snack cup that meats all my needs until now. The benefits the Munchie Mug has to offer make it a perfect fit for my family.
What I thought about our Munchie Mug Snack Cup:
1) This cup really does not spill when used with your average dry snack, such as Goldfish Crackers or cereal.
2) The neoprene top, which keeps the snack food inside the cup makes the cup very user-friendly. It is much easier and more comfortable to use than snack cups that have an asterisk cut into a plastic top.
3) I love that all the parts of the Munchie Mug are top-rack dishwasher-safe. Also, the neoprene by nature dries very quickly.
4) I really like that this snack cup comes with a lid that can be used to seal the cup to keep snacks fresh. This lid is self-storing and can sit right on top of the neoprene lid when not in use. Also, both lids screw on so it prevents children from opening the snack cup too easily.
5) Another reason this cup is perfect for my family is its size. It is not tiny like other snack cups we've owned and is perfect for holding enough snack food for two young children (at least 10oz). It was smart to design the Munchie Mug with that handle on the lid otherwise, because of its larger size, the child would need two hands to hold this snack cup, making it difficult to use.
6) I think it is important that the body of the cup is transparent. This allows both the adult and the child to always know how much food remains inside.
7) I also think it is important that these Munchie Mugs, as well as the plastic used to create them, are made in the U.S. and are BPA and phthalate free. Although they are not disposable one-use products, these cups can be recycled.
MunchieMug.com. They would make a fun practical gift for a toddler or preschooler and is a great alternative to buying him or her a toy.
This product review was written for Family Review Network as part of a program for Munchie Mug, who supplied the product for review.