I chose these oversized changing pads to feature as a "TWINtuitive Product" because these 18" x 30" handmade changing pads are large enough to lay two infants down upon when used horizontally. There are very few ways to economize your time when you have twins. I find laying both down side-by-side shaves a little time off diaper-changing. I also like using changing pads on the floor over using changing tables when twins are involved. There is too high of a chance that the second twin will do something to draw your attention away from the one on the changing table.
Visit "2 Lulas Boutique" for their Grand Opening!
1) My favorite color is red and I have a huge soft spot for monkeys, so I thought the print was just adorable.
3) These changing pads have a layer of batting inside so the feel is similar to a quilt.
4) I like that this changing pad has an attached fastener to keep the folded pad neat and compact when not in use. This is especially important to me for packing in the diaper bag.
5) I must say that I am very impressed by the workmanship of this handmade changing pad. It is extremely well-made, but still has the charm of a lovingly handcrafted item.
6) I like the idea of fabric changing pads because there has been some press about certain parts of plastic-lined diaper bags and changing pads containing traces of lead.
7) I also think that these are more sanitary because they are machine washable and dryable. This is also important to me because I do not have time to hand wash anything.
8) Even at 31 months, this changing pad is still large enough to accommodate my twin toddlers (one at a time of course). There is still room to spare when you measure from the top of their heads to the bottom of their tooshies. I am going to guess that this changing pad will last us until they are potty trained. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself.)
If you like to support mom-owned boutiques, visit 2Lulas.com for beautiful handmade children's clothing and accessories. While you're there, make sure you sign up for the 2 Lulas mailing list to keep up-to-date with new products and promotions.
Thank you to 2 Lulas Boutique for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will receive their choice of one 2 Lulas Changing Pad.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Visit 2 Lulas Boutique and browse their selection of handmade children's items. Then leave a comment telling me which item(s) you would be proud to give as a baby shower gift (aside from a changing pad). You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me which changing pad you would choose if you won this contest.
2) For 5 extra entries, leave a relevant comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. Then leave FIVE separate comments with the name of the post on which you commented. You will earn 5 extra entries for each different non-contest post you comment on.
3) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
4) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
5) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post AND 2 Lulas Boutique. Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
6) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
7) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
8) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
9) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
10) Add my "Monterey Car Seat" giveaway button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Monday, September 14th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!