I chose this two-seater tricycle made by Italtrike, a specialty tricycle company based in Italy, to feature as a "TWINtuitive Product" because riding a tricycle together is something most kids love to do. Have you ever seen one child standing on the back of a tricycle risking injury while trying to ride along with another child? Well, this tricycle allows two to ride together safely. Not only is this trike perfect for twins who are inseparable, but it allows both twins to ride even if one is not as proficient at peddling as the other and would otherwise lag behind.
1) This tricycle is very well-constructed. This was a concern of mine because it would be carrying the weight of two children. Even my very picky husband was impressed by the sturdy steel construction.
2) Even though the recommended ages for this tricycle is 3 to 6 years, I think a child closer to 4 years old would have an easier time peddling while carrying the weight of a second child than a 3 year old.
3) I like that the way the handle bars are positioned allows for plenty of knee room for longer legs to pedal.
4) The tires give a much smoother ride than wheels on plastic tricycles.
5) I also want to point out how wide the platform is for the passenger's feet. It is virtually impossible for a child's feet to slip off accidentally.
Please take a minute to watch the Italtrike Carrier in action:
I cannot say how impressed I am with the quality of this tricycle from top to bottom. This is a toy that can be passed down from one child to another or perhaps even from one generation to the next.
To view the full selection of Italtrike products, please visit Italtrike.com . You can order product directly from the Italtrike website or from select retailers where quality children's outdoor toys are sold.
Thank you to Italtrike for providing us with a review product free of charge.