Papa Gino's Pasta Family Meal - a $29.99 value (Ends 7/1)
$40 Custom Photo Visa Gift Card from GiftCard.com (Ends 7/1)
1 out of 4 Aeromax Toys - up to a $34.95 value (Ends 6/24)
SOL Republic Master Tracks Over-Ear Headphones - ARV $199.99 (Ends 6/24)
Winner's Choice of one Popar Toys Augmented Reality 3D Book (Winner Announced)
Waterpik Shower Head & Home Depot Gift Card Prize Pack (Winner Announced)
Although we had introduced telling time to Jake about 2 years ago, I really have not concentrated on this subject. I knew at the beginning of the summer that he did know how to read a digital clock and an analog clock when the time was on the exact hour.
The only clock with movable hands we had in the house was built into a book and it only had the hours marked off. So while I was browsing for learning toys, I came across a clock that would be perfect for us in ecoTimeToys.com's selection of Melissa & Doug toys.
My original plan for the telling time lessons was too easy for Jake. I had written scheduled events that were relevant to his life on small pieces of paper. On the paper, I also included the time at which the event is normally scheduled. The idea was to have Jake randomly choose a piece of paper and then show me the time stated on the paper using the clock. Since everything began on the hour or on the half hour, this activity did not challenge him at all. I ended up just verbally telling him what times I wanted him to show me on the clock.
What I thought about the Wooden Shape Sorting Clock by Melissa & Doug:
2) Although this clock is rated for ages 3 and up, the shape sorting puzzle is quite easy, especially since the numbers on the shapes correspond to the numbers on the yellow part of the clock. Even our 2.5yr old twins mastered the puzzle quickly, but that does not stop them from wanting to complete this puzzle again and again.
3) As a big brother, Jake enjoys teaching his younger siblings new things. This clock easily allows him to work on teaching the twins their numbers.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will win a $50 GC to ecoTimeToys.com .
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Browse the selection of toys offered by ecoTimeToys. Leave a comment telling me what you would buy with the GC if you won this contest. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For an extra entry, follow ecoTimeToys on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post and to EcoTimeToys.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
6) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
7) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
8) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
9) Add my "Monterey Car Seat" giveaway button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, August 20th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!