Since I came down with that ear infection years ago, I have become very susceptible to ear pain during cold and allergy seasons . . . in other words, all year round. Sometimes the pain is so intense that I wonder if I've come down with another infection, but usually the pain subsides eventually. "Eventually" can be a long time and can seem like forever when you're in pain, so I welcomed the chance to test out the EARDOC and to see if it can be an effective remedy for ear pain.
The EARDOC works by opening the Eustachian tube enough to relieve the pressure of any trapped fluid or gas caused by colds, allergies, swimming, diving, and flying. I invite you to watch the video at the bottom of my review, as it illustrates this concept nicely.
What I thought about the EARDOC:
1) As someone who gets nervous using cotton swabs in my children's ears, I like that the EARDOC is non-invasive. This is an important feature for those using the EARDOC on someone else.
2) I like that it only takes 2 AA batteries, so the cost of operating the EARDOC is not very high.
3) The EARDOC provides me with some immediate relief when experiencing ear pain, even when used on a low setting. (Please keep in mind that it can be different for everybody.) How much relief depends on the level of the congestion and varies for each application.
4) When the EARDOC is on, it does vibrate and makes a vibrating noise just slightly louder than a vibrating mobile phone. It does not bother me as an adult and I think that small children could become accustomed to it. It would take time getting used to since it is placed right against the back of the ear on the bone.
If you suffer from chronic ear pain as I do, I think it is worth trying the EARDOC. It can be used up to six times per day for people age 2 up to adulthood. This is a good alternative for people who are not fans of using medication for their ear pain and can act as a supplement for relief to those who are.
Thank you to EARDOC for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will win an EARDOC of their own to try.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Take a look at the different types of ear conditions the EARDOC can safely treat (as listed on the EARDOC homepage along the right side). Then leave a comment telling me which ear condition would you most likely treat with the EARDOC. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For an extra entry, follow EARDOC on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post and to Eardoc.info . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
6) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this once per day until the end of the contest.
7) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
8) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
9) Add my "Get Cool For School" giveaway event button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
10) Add my "Monterey Car Seat" giveaway button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Monday, August 10th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!