I chose the Graco Twin Ipo Stroller to feature as a "Twintuitive Product" because I wanted to share why I liked this stroller better than many front-back double strollers. I personally recommend using a double infant carrier frame-type stroller and then switching to a side-by-side stroller like this Graco. Read on to find out why I make this recommendation.
- It holds 2 children up to 50lbs each
- It is compact and folds easily plus has a carrying handle
- Multi-position reclining seats
- Tinted sun visor
- Wheels that lock
What I thought about the Graco Twin Ipo Stroller as a parent:
1) I love that each of our 2.5yr old twins and even my 5yr old son can ride in this stroller comfortably with plenty of leg room. Our previous front-back double stroller, which did not work very well with two infant carriers by the way, was used for less than one year. After the twins stopped riding in their infant carriers, we use the front-back stroller for about 9 months before the seat in the back became too cramped. Whichever twin rode in the back was extremely uncomfortable and his or her knees were hitting the seat in front.
2) Although this stroller is more compact than our previous stroller, it weighs just as much because it is constructed out of heavy solid steel bars.
3) This stroller is much more compact than our front-back stroller. We noticed a huge difference when we placed it into the back of our minivan. With the previous stroller, we could only fit the stroller, but with the Twin Ipo Stroller, we can actually put some other things like shopping bags, etc . . .
4) I do want to point out that there was very minimal assembly required. My husband had it ready to go in less than 5 minutes.
5) The turn radius is amazing on this stroller! It is like the Honda Civic of strollers when it comes to tight turns. This was actually one of my concerns when considering any type of double stroller . . . how well it maneuvers.
6) As with many compact side-by-side strollers, this stroller does not have a snack tray or a cup holder for the children or the adult. This is a small sacrifice in exchange for having both twin be able to ride comfortably in the stroller. It is not a big deal for us to use No Throw cup straps for the twins and for the adult to tuck a bottle of water into the storage baskets underneath.
7) The wheels are not as heavy duty as our last stroller. They are fine for what we will use it for . . . malls and sidewalks. If you are planning on using this stroller on any rougher terrain, it would most likely not be a smooth ride.
8) I also have to mention that it's nice not to have one twin torment the other by kicking the back of his or her seat. Also the twins are much happier being able to sit next to each other because of the companionship.
Please take a minute to watch how easily the Graco Twin Ipo Stroller opens and refolds . . .
Overall, I am very pleased with this stroller. It solved our main problem of not having enough leg room for the child sitting in the back of our previous stroller. I actually made a decision to choose a front-back stroller over a side-by-side way back then because I was concerned that it would take up too much room. Boy, was I wrong! Lesson learned. :)
Thank you to Graco for providing us with both a review product and a contest prize free of charge.
What you can win:
One lucky reader will win a Graco Twin Ipo Platinum Stroller. (In the unlikely event that the Platinum model is unavailable, Graco will replace the prize with the very similar Navarro model.)
This giveaway is open to U.S. entries only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address and be age 18 years or older. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Leave a comment telling me what one item you would love to own (or purchase for someone else) from any line of Graco Products aside from the Twin Ipo Stroller. You MUST do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) After completing the initial entry, you can tell me about a different product that you saw on the Graco website that you would like to own or give as a gift (other than the Twin Ipo Stroller). You may do this as many times as you wish for unlimited entries provided you leave a separate comment about a different item each time.
2) For 5 extra entries, enter one of my other contests. Leave FIVE separate comments here telling me which contest you entered. You will earn 5 extra entries for each contest you enter.
3) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
4) For 10 extra entries, blog about this contest linking back to this post and to the GracoBaby.com . Then come back here and leave TEN separate comments with the link to your blog post.
5) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
6) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment. You may do this as many times as you wish until the end of the contest.
7) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
8) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
9) Add my "Graco Twin Stroller" giveaway button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
10) Add my "Get Cool For School" giveaway event button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!