Papa Gino's Pasta Family Meal - a $29.99 value (Ends 7/1)
$40 Custom Photo Visa Gift Card from GiftCard.com (Ends 7/1)
1 out of 4 Aeromax Toys - up to a $34.95 value (Ends 6/24)
SOL Republic Master Tracks Over-Ear Headphones - ARV $199.99 (Ends 6/24)
Winner's Choice of one Popar Toys Augmented Reality 3D Book (Winner Announced)
Waterpik Shower Head & Home Depot Gift Card Prize Pack (Winner Announced)
Previously, I had a chance to review a pair of men's eyeglasses from EyeBuyDirect. Since then, I regretted not choosing to select a pair of new glasses for myself because I had been feeling tremendous eye strain. So when EyeBuyDirect offered me a second pair of prescription eyeglasses to review, I jumped at the chance.
Originally I was suppose to order and review glasses with progressive lenses, but after my visit to a new optometrist, I found out I've been wearing bifocals for the past 3 years needlessly. So I ended up ordering a pair of single vision women's glasses courtesy of EyeBuyDirect.
My previous glasses were a small black rimmed style and I wanted to find something similar. Something I did not notice the first time I shopped was that I can search by frame size. That saved me a lot of time. I ended up choosing this pair of black rimmed glasses called Canadian, which sells for $39.95 with prescription single vision lenses included.
What is shown below is the preview of what the glasses would look like on a photo I uploaded and a photo of me with the actual glasses on my face. (I know it looks like two different people. The photo on the left is four years old, but it was the only one I could find that was mostly front-facing.)
What I thought about my EyeBuyDirect experience:
1) I was pleased that I was able to find a style I liked pretty quickly. The EyeBuyDirect website has many ways to filter and refine your searches.
2) I found having measurements for each style of glasses very helpful. I needed to find a bridge size that was about the same as my previous pair of glasses because my nose just doesn't hold glasses up well, especially if I opt for a non-metal frame.
3) When I was trying the glasses on my photo, I had to guess how large they would be by the size of the bridge. As you can see, I was a little off and the actually glasses are a bit larger than I had guessed.
4) I received the glasses in about two weeks after I ordered them. For this price, I think that is certainly an acceptable amount of time to wait.
5) My glasses sat a little crooked at first because my ears are probably not perfectly symmetrical. I had to adjust the earpieces myself. After a few tries I think I was able to get them to sit somewhat evenly.
6) You must go by the color of the actual product photos. As you can see the glasses appear to be much lighter in the preview photo than they actually are.
7) It was very helpful that I knew to ask my eye doctor to measure my pupillary distance. This is not a measurement that is normally included in your prescription, but you do need it to order your eyeglasses online.
8) I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on my previous pair of glasses at the local eyeglass store at the mall. This pair with a UV protective coating, an anti-reflective coating, and an upgrade to thinner lightweight lenses would have cost me under $100. This also included a hard eyeglass case and a microfiber cleaning cloth. I was very happy for all I got for that price.
I have to point out that I did have a chance to experience the level of customer service provided by EyeBuyDirect and I was extremely pleased. When I first received my glasses, the right lens was blurry when I tried them on. So I alerted EyeBuyDirect, who had one of their on-staff opticians call me by phone. We checked to make sure I entered my prescription correctly during the order process. When we agreed that I had, they started an order for a replacement pair of eyeglasses for me. All I had to do was ship the other pair back with delivery confirmation and email customer service with the confirmation number so that they knew the original glasses were on their way back. It took less than 2 weeks for the replacement glasses to arrive and they were perfect.
Overall, I am pleased with my EyeBuyDirect experience. I am glad that I was able to report good things about my product exchange. My glasses are slightly larger than I expected, but I still like them. Oh, and I can see more clearly than I have been able to for quite a few years. That's the important thing, right?
What you can win:
One person will win a pair of eyeglasses from EyeBuyDirect up to $100 (excluding sunglasses and designer frames).
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Take a look at the EyeBuyDirect Wall of Fame. Choose one person's photo for which to leave a comment (nice comments only please). To do so you must login or register. Then leave a comment here with the link to the photo on which you left a comment. You must do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me what you (or your loved one) needs glasses for.
2) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
3) Blog about this giveaway linking back to this post AND to EyeBuyDirect.com. Then come back here and leave a separate comment with the link to your blog post.
4) Follow me on Twitter. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your Twitter profile.
5) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave the link to your tweet in a separate comment.
6) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
7) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
8) Add my "Dr. Hippo" giveaway event button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
9) Add my "Father's Day Fling" giveaway event button to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Thursday, May 14th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!