This temporal artery thermometer, which was created in Boston and is currently utilized in major hospitals all over the U.S., is so easy to use. All you need to do is remove the cap, hold down the button, place the scanner flush against the center of the subject's exposed forehead, slowly move the scanner across the forehead all the way to the hairline at the temple, and release the button.
What impressed me about the Exergen TemporalScanner:
1) It is beyond easy to use.
2) The readings appear to be accurate provided you follow the tips listed below.
3) This thermometer is non-invasive. My children do not mind this method of taking their temperature at all. The other methods all caused them unneeded stress and discomfort in some way.
4) There is not mercury in this product as there is in traditional thermometers.
5) This product is safe to use on people of all ages, including infants.
Some things to keep in mind when using this temporal artery thermometer are . . .
- Keep the forehead area uncovered by bangs, hats, blankets, pillows, etc . . .
- Always leave the cap on when not in use so you keep the sensor clean and free of debris.
- Do not take multiple readings consecutively. After a couple of scans, try to wait a short period of time in between readings.
The Exergen TemporalScanner is available for purchase at many major retailers such as Walmart, Babies R Us, and Walgreens and online at those companies' websites as well as on Drugstore.com and BabyCenter.com .
Thank you to Exergen and the Family Review Network for this opportunity.
What you can win:
The prize for this contest is one Exergen TemporalScanner thermometer of your very own.
This giveaway is open to U.S. addresses only. You do not need to be a blogger to enter, but you must have a valid email address. If you enter anonymously and do not include a valid email address in your comment entries, I will not be able to notify you should you win this random drawing.
How to Gain Entries:
Tell me how many cases of fever there were in your household this past winter season (including both adults and children). You must do this to be eligible to win this contest.
1) Take a look at the list of retailers who carry the Exergen TemporalScanner. Then leave a comment telling me which retail store or website is where you would most likely purchase one of these thermometers.
2) Add this blog to your Technorati Favorites. Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so and under what username. Add to Technorati Favorites
3) Blog about this giveaway linking back to this post AND to Exergen.com . Then come back here and leave a separate comment with the link to your blog post.
4) Tweet about this giveaway linking back to this post. Then come back here and leave your link in a separate comment.
5) Subscribe to this blog's feed. Or you can follow me through Blogger or subscribe via email (widget is on sidebar). Then leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
6) Add my button or blog link to your blog's sidebar. Then leave a separate comment with the link to your blog.
(All entries will be verified prior to awarding this prize.)
This contest will be closed on Monday, April 6th, 2009 at 11:59pm EST. A random number drawing will be held shortly after. The winner will be announced here and will be contact via email or through their blog. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new number will be drawn.
Good luck in the drawing!